Now that you have learned about the three
major biomes of Utah (wetlands, forests, and deserts), your
task will be to build a diorama (a three-dimensional model inside of
any one one
- Box (shoe box is a good size)
- Materials to represent parts of the enviroment (ie.
trees, soil, plants, and animals)
- Examples include:
- To build this, you might use:
- Plastic toys or figures
- Drawings on paper
- Tape or glue
- Cut a small opening in one end of the box to view
- Cut a small opening in the top to let light in.
- Start building the diorama inside the box.
Make sure you build away from your small opening!
- Put taller materials (trees, mountains, etc.)
in the back.
- Make sure you use tape or glue to hold things
in place so they do not move.
- Your goal is to make this look almost like a photograph.
- While building, peek through the opening to see how
it looks. (Remember that your goal is to make it look similar to the
- When you are satisfied with the look of your diorama,
put the lid on the box and share it with your friends.